Jean's Artful Spirit

"Art is the conveyance of spirit by means of matter". Salvador de Madariaga 1886-1978 Creating art quilts, drawing and painting feeds my creative spirit. My goal here is to share my joy of the spirit of creativity with all who visit.

Friday, September 15, 2006

In The Spirit of Creativity

I've wanted to create a blog for some time now and am finally ready to share my joy in creativity with everyone. Though my health keeps me from working outside the home, I keep my spirits up by being creative.

My passion is creating art quilts! I love pictorial quilts, but also desire to try my hand at abstract work. I am a member of the online group QuiltArt and the wonderful people there continually inspire me to greater creativity and higher technical standards in my art and my quilts.

I love challenges and recently took part in the Grab Bag Challenge on QuiltArt. It was fun receiving a bag of assorted fabrics and embellishments and having to create a 20 x 20 quilt for someone else, even though I didn't know who that person was. The anticipation, waiting to see what was created for me , was high and I was finally pleased to see the pictures of "Lunatic Fringe", the quilt that was created for me by Cindy Cooksey. She did such a great job the quilt was selected to travel to exhibits for the next year. Sigh, I guess I will have to be content with the pictures until it comes home to me.

I've also taken part in the last two QuiltArt quilt swaps. It was fun getting to pick choices from a bevy of absolutely beautiful quilts and then be surprised with the one that became mine.

I'm currently signed up to participate in the Fast Friday Fabric Challenge which will once a month challenge us to create a small/medium quilt, following that month's challenge topic and to complete it and post a photo, in only a week! If this doesn't cure me of my procrastination, nothing will. Seriously, I know that this challenge group will be a great help in increasing my creativity, technique and types of style.

I will try to get some photos up of my work shortly. I am new to this and it may take me a bit to get it all figured out. Thanks for visiting me!
Jean

2 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Ferret said...

Nice to see you joining the blogging. I hadn;t reealised there was such a thing as a quilt swap. It sounds great, I will keep an eye open for it.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Ferret said...

Nice to see you joining the blogging. I hadn;t reealised there was such a thing as a quilt swap. It sounds great, I will keep an eye open for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home