Jean's Artful Spirit

"Art is the conveyance of spirit by means of matter". Salvador de Madariaga 1886-1978 Creating art quilts, drawing and painting feeds my creative spirit. My goal here is to share my joy of the spirit of creativity with all who visit.

Monday, September 18, 2006

2006 Grab Bag Challenge



The first picture is of the fabrics in the bag that I received. The part that looks like a stripe is actually the back of the the quilt I made. I pieced two of the bag's fabrics to make the 20" x 20" size required. The second picture is of the front of "Dawn's Chorus".

For the front I used some hand dyed fabric and then fuse appliqued most of the parts of the picture. The fairy's body I painted using Tsukeniko inks for the skin and fabric paint for the dress. I drew the shape of the wings on sparkle organza with a water soluble marker, stitched over the marks with clear nylon thread and then cut close to the stitching. I then went back over that with a narrow zig zag stitch.

Once I got over the immediate fear of what to do with the fabrics sent to me I had a great time with this challenge!

1 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Lorraine said...

Gorgeous works all! I so enjoyed the trip
through your blog. And congratulations on
setting one up. I'm still having trouble
with my wording not going where I tell it
to!!! But yours looks great. I'll be looking for more great stuff soon!
Lorraine (member quiltart yahoo group)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home