Jean's Artful Spirit

"Art is the conveyance of spirit by means of matter". Salvador de Madariaga 1886-1978 Creating art quilts, drawing and painting feeds my creative spirit. My goal here is to share my joy of the spirit of creativity with all who visit.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Party!

Below are the pictures of my Tiny Textiles Challenge quilt-Party! I loved the pattern on a decorator fabric sample I had and used it with a coordinating pattern of just circles to create this piece. The original fabric reminded me of balloons floating on the wind (the black lines) and that inspired me to add the four appliqued circles from the coordinating fabric.

I had a hard time deciding how to quilt this. Originally I thought I would just do an all over stippling technique but felt it wouldn't really add to the wind blown quality I wanted. I ended up just doing a repeat of the printed lines and I think it definitely gives more sense of movement. The piece that is mottled yellow is actually the back of the quilt. I really like the way the quilting really shows up on the back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home