Jean's Artful Spirit

"Art is the conveyance of spirit by means of matter". Salvador de Madariaga 1886-1978 Creating art quilts, drawing and painting feeds my creative spirit. My goal here is to share my joy of the spirit of creativity with all who visit.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Busy Spring

It's been a busy spring and I haven't had much chance to get on the computer. I've recently completed my 2008 Grab Bag Challenge for the QuiltArt list. I can't put a picture up yet as the quilts haven't been sent back to their original grab bag owners. This quilt was a hat trick for me, I used the Drunkard's Path for this quilt, which I'd never done before, I also quilted with metallic threads and did feathers, both of which were firsts. It was a great challenge and I can hardly wait for my grab bag and it's new quilt to come home. The pictures from everyone's quilts are being put on a CD by Tomme Fent (the group leader) and it will be sold to support Fiber Art for A Cause. As soon as I have an email address where it can be gotten, I will post it.

I've also finished a large order of 11 cushion covers for outdoor furniture for a client and am currently working on 8 skirted seat chair covers for the same client.

As if June isn't busy enough, I'm also the chair for the 2008 FAOL Michigan Fish-In. FAOL is an online bulletin board for flyfishing, and a fish-in is a get together to meet people you see online. The fish-in will again be held in Grayling, Michigan at Gates' AuSable Lodge. This year we also took orders for t-shirts for the participants, which will be distributed when everyone registers upon arrival. It's kind of like having a family reunion, with everyone likeing the same things!

We will be leaving for the fish-in on June 28 and coming home on July 6. I've got my days scheduled on my calendar and I know it will get here before I am ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home