Jean's Artful Spirit

"Art is the conveyance of spirit by means of matter". Salvador de Madariaga 1886-1978 Creating art quilts, drawing and painting feeds my creative spirit. My goal here is to share my joy of the spirit of creativity with all who visit.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Finally Done!

I've finally finished this job! Figuring out the logistics on how to make the side skirts look like they are sewn to the top, and still make it removable for cleaning was a major chore. However, I finally accomplished it and am very happy with how the arm chair covers look.
Here is the back of the chair.











Here is the front.











The side chairs were actually a piece of cake compared to the arm chairs because I was able to sew the skirt directly to the top. I'm not sure these pictures show the back tabs with buttons that hold the skirt in place.


























I always enjoy working with high quality fabric and this was a beautiful damask fabric that had a wonderful hand.

1 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Ruthie said...

I just found this website and it is wonderful! I realize your post was nearly ago, but I wanted to sorry about your dear cat. I know you still miss him.

I am from mid-Michigan and a quilter. I am active with Quilt in a Day. I am not a good quilter, but a bad finished quilt is better than a good unfinished quilt.

Your sewing room is great. I love organized sewing spaces. I do a better job if I clean my room completely before I start a new project.

Ruthie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home