Jean's Artful Spirit

"Art is the conveyance of spirit by means of matter". Salvador de Madariaga 1886-1978 Creating art quilts, drawing and painting feeds my creative spirit. My goal here is to share my joy of the spirit of creativity with all who visit.

Monday, October 06, 2008

Today's A Sad Day

I'm very sad today because I had to have my cat Bouncer put down. He was fine when we left for a fun weekend on Friday. When we got home last night it was clear he was in great pain and very sick. He had a large swelling on the right side of his face and under his chin and had nasty drainage from his mouth. The vet said that she could not see any problems with his gums and thought that he must have had some kind of tumor that got necrotic and he became septic over the weekend while we were gone.

Bouncer was 4 years old and was a great, loving cat, though a bit on the stupid side. I often jokingly called him my rock, as in dumb as a rock, but I loved him dearly.



I still have one other cat, Peek A Boo, who is 12 years old and very healthy. Of course we thought he was, too. So today I'm cleaning carpets from where his drainage leaked from his mouth and washing all the bedding, since that was his favorite place to lay. It will take a few days, but I know life must go on.

2 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

I hope memories of Bouncer comfort you. It's hard to lose a loving pet. All the best!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Karen Newman Fridy said...

He was beautiful...I know you will miss him

 

Post a Comment

<< Home